~~ Click here to view dates on the Village Calendar ~~
**Effective Monday, November 30th 2020 all village buildings are closed to visitors.**
Please call ahead to discuss court matters and/or make an appointment if necessary.
YOU MAY CONTACT THE COURT OFFICE BY PHONE (315-637-8070) OR BY EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
COURT DATES WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Click HERE for information for individuals with Traffic Infractions Pending in the Village Court.
For safety purposes we are trying to limit in-court appearances on traffic infraction to reduce the spread of Covid-19 virus,
but you do have the right to appear if you so desire.
What are my options if I plead "Not Guilty" to a traffic violation?
You can write to the Assistant District Attorney office to request a reduction. Please call the Court Clerk for instructions if you any further questions after reading below & accessing the link.
1.How do I plead "Not Guilty" to a traffic violation?
Fill out Section B on the left side of the ticket and mail it to the court address listed on the bottom right portion of ticket.
2.How do I plead "Guilty" to a traffic violation?
Fill out Section A on the left side of the ticket and mail it to the court address listed on the bottom right portion of the ticket.
3.Do I have to appear in court for a traffic violation?
No. You can plead "Guilty" or "Not Guilty" by mail.
4.What are my options if I plead "Not Guilty" to a traffic violation?
You can write to the Assistant District Attorney office da.ongov.net to request a reduction ( see link). Please call the Court Clerk for instructions if needed.
5.Can I have a traffic trial?
Yes. If you feel you are "Not Guilty" for the traffic citation you received, you have a right to a traffic trial. Please call contact the Court Clerk for further explanation.
Safety protocols for IN- PERSON court appearances
- If you are appearing for court be prepared
- To complete and file a health screening form including contact numbers
- All individuals will have their temperature checked using a touchless no-contact thermometer, hands will be sanitized before entering facility
- Due to social distancing limitations, the defendant will be the only person allowed to enter the building for the appearance (i.e.. no children)
- Masks will be required for entry
- While waiting for their appearance, the defendant will wait outside in their car or away from the facility entrance, will be notified when they are allowed to enter the building to meet with counsel & or make an appearance.
Court is held every 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month.
Sign in at 5:30 PM.
Office Hours: 9 AM - 4 PM, Monday-Thursday
Tel# (315) 637-8070
Fax# (315) 637-0107
Honorable Judge James Hughes, presiding
Honorable Judge Christian Danaher, Acting Village Justice